Imagine being the CEO of a company where all of your employees were A players and every single one of them wanted to stay at the company for at least the next 10 years. How would that feel? What would that mean?
- Employee turn-over would be zero
- Cost to replace lost people would be zero
- Cost to onboard new people into the company culture would be zero
- Cost to train and get new people up to speed would be zero
- Less naive mistakes made, and in general not as many mistakes would need to be made
- People would self-manage and therefore be easier to manage
- Salaries would not become inflated by high turn-over of staff
- People would be incrementally more productive for longer
- Referrals and word-of-mouth recruiting would improve
- Better customer and partner relationships
It's unrealistic but that's the ultimate aim of getting the company culture right.